Where to find sunflower fields near Toronto, Ontario
Stunning sunflower fields are in full bloom in the summertime and Ontario has some of the best sunflower fields for viewings. The endless fields of sunflowers attract thousands of visitors hoping to photograph or catch a glimpse of these towering flowers.These flowers only bloom for two weeks each year in late July / early August and although we are nearing the end of the season and many sunflower farms have closed for the year, there’s still one sunflower farm still open for viewing for 2018.
Here is a comprehensive list of where to find sunflower fields near Toronto for future years. Make sure to check out their Facebook page (linked) before visiting to see their hours of operations and if they are still open for viewing.
Edwards Farm Store in Innisfil, ON - Open until Sunday August 12th, 2018
- Hours: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Visit the Facebook page for most recent updates
Terre Bleu Farm in Milton, Ontario - still open for 2018 viewings - only Open Weekends
- Hours: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Last entry is 4:30 pm
- Sunflower viewing hours: 12:00 - 5:00 pm
- Admission: $20/person + additional $10/person for sunflower viewing
- The $20/person admission will allow you into the farm where you will be able to see the lavender fields
- Visit the website or Instagram for most recent updates
Kricklewood Farm in Frankville, ON - Sunflowers not in full bloom, check back in a week or two [Updated Aug 7, 2018]
- Visit the website for most recent updates
- A message from their website: Due to the drought the plants are stunted in size and the flower buds are smaller than usual. They may look better in a week or two but we are not expecting the usual beautiful field with panoramic vistas of sunflowers.
Davis Feed & Farm Supply in Caledon, ON - CLOSED FOR 2018
- Admission: $5 per person
Bogle Seeds in Hamilton, ON - CLOSED INDEFINITELY
- Admission: $7.50 per person
Recently Bogle Seed has shut down all viewings for future years due to disrespectful visitors. I would like to remind any visitors to please respect the property (and all nearby properties) and crops, and to only walk on clearly marked paths to not ruin any crops.
Follow us on Instagram at @wanderlist.travel and tag us in your sunflower photos with #OnMyWanderlist
LIST BY: CAROLYN CHEN
Carolyn Chen has done two backpacking trips around Europe and spent six months studying abroad in Italy. She loves finding the most beautiful scenery, hidden gems and indulging in great food.
Follow her adventures on Instagram: @carolynjxchen