Perth, Australia Travel Guide: Top Things to Do and See in Perth
Perth is the most western city of Australia. Discovered by the Europeans first, you will find old architecture buildings, famous tombstone of the latest AC/DC singer “Bon Scott” (Fremantle cemetery) It is the largest state in Australia and has the longest coastline of 12,500km. That’s right ! Here we trust in the bigger the better !
- Buses called CAT within the city are FREE.
- When going nightclubbing or bar, you need to bring your passport as your local ID will be rejected.
- It is prohibited to drink alcohol on the street and you run the risk of getting a fine.
WHAT TO DO
- Visit King’s park which is the largest inner city park in the world. You will also get to enjoy the best views of the city.
- Learn how to play the didgeridoo (Aboriginal musical instrument) in Fremantle at Didgeridoo Breath.
- Take a swim to Cottesloe beach and enjoy the relaxed Australian way of life
- Have a barbeque on the beach. The city has barbeque facilities located on all beaches that can be turned on with the press of a button! How easy is that! You only need to bring your sausages, bread rolls and an esky full of beers.
- Enjoy a local beer at Little Creatures being the local brewery in Fremantle.
- Go on a river cruise along the Swan River, spy on the amazing houses while enjoying your wine.
- Travel back in time and go shopping in London Court in the heart of the city. This little alley has kept its original English architecture.
- Enjoy Rottnest Island, where there are no cars, only bikes and the famous Quokka! (little marsupial)
- Get lost in the Fremantle markets, opened only on weekends.
- Discover Penguin Island and go around the island with a canoe
- Get scared at the Fremantle prison.
WHERE TO EAT
- Outback Jacks, where you can eat the best Barbeque ribs in town or try the challenge “Eat a kilo steak, fries and salad” in less than 30minutes !
- Kailis Bros Fremantle, the best fish and chips and seafood platter.
- C Restaurant, a revolving restaurant with amazing views of the city.
- Annalakshmi on Swan, a vegetarian buffet style restaurant where you pay what you want.
- Mrs Macs, beef pie specialty with tomato sauce and the famous barbeque always!
WHERE TO SHOP
- Luxury shopping is definitely on Kings Street
- Get your jewelry pearls from Willie Creek pearls, locally farmed and made.
- Shopping centers like Garden City and Claremont Quarters are great for everyone.
DID YOU KNOW
- Perth is the most isolated city in the world, with its closest city being Adelaide and that’s over 2,200 km away.
- Perth is closer to Singapore and Jakarta than it is to Canberra.
- The Argyle mine is the world’s largest producer of diamonds.
- Broome is the world largest producer of pearls.
- The Kalgoorlie mine is the world’s largest producer of gold.
- It’s also home to the highest capita of self-made millionaire!