The Ultimate Guide to Things to do in New York City
New York City is a bustling city at the center of some of the world’s best restaurants, shopping, nightlife and theatrical experiences. Planning your trip here can often feel overwhelming as this city offers so much but this post will guide you to the best things to do for first timers and seasoned NYC visitors, best places to eat and drink and where to shop.
What to do, Where to Eat & Drink and Where to Shop
- Best time to visit: Spring or Fall for the best weather to explore. Summers can get scorching hot and winters can get too cold.
- Getting around:
- Walk: Walking around New York City is one of the best ways of exploring and seeing what the city has to offer
- Metro: If you have a destination in mind, the quickest and best way of getting around is by taking the metro
- Alternative options include: Taxi, Uber or Lyft
- Language: English
- Currency: US dollar
- Tipping: 15 - 20% at restaurants