Let's travel to San Antonio, Texas
With its mix of historic appeal and vibrant youthful culture, San Antonio is a great destination for a warm weekend getaway.
- Stay at or near the Riverwalk -- the proximity to multiple downtown attractions lets you see the city on foot and will save you some cash. AirBnB options are affordable and aplenty.
What To Do And See
- The Alamo - Not just an American historic landmark, but also a symbol of Texan pride and independence. Free admission to go inside and the informational signs around the courtyard make it easy for self-guided tours.
- Riverwalk - Built along the San Antonio River and lined with multistory shops, restaurants, and trails, the Riverwalk is considered the "American Venice." You can take a relaxing walk along the extensive network of walkways or even take a dinner cruise with a tour guide while floating down the river. Stay until the sun goes down to watch all the streets light up for a romantic evening stroll.
- Pearl District - A popular neighborhood that formerly was home to Pearl Brewery.
- Farmer's Market: Local produce and snacks on the weekend
- Restaurants: Southerleigh for local beers on tap, Cured for charcuterie, and Lick for ice cream
- Shopping: Apparel, jewelry, book shops, and more.
- Tower of the Americas - Standing at 750 feet, the Tower of the Americas offers a (slowly) rotating panoramic city view as well as a restaurant and bar.
- SeaWorld San Antonio - Largest marine-life park in the world.
Where To Eat And Drink
- CommonWealth Coffeehouse & Bakery - A lovely home that has been remodeled into a cozy restaurant, CommonWealth is the place to go for brunch whether you just want a solid coffee fix or a charming background for your delicious meal.
- The Smoke Shack - You can't make a stop in Texas without grabbing some BBQ. This food truck is a local pleaser.
- 5 Points Local - Local, organic food at this restaurant that also offers free yoga classes in their upstairs studio. Be sure to check out their calendar beforehand to find out during what times the free yoga classes are offered.
- Paramour Coffee Bar - Coffee in the morning, cocktails in the evening – this is one double-duty rooftop bar. You can appreciate the view of the San Antonio skyline while lounging on their quirky variety of mismatched couches and chairs.
- Mila Coffee - Another local favorite coffee spot, known for their horchata lattes.
List by: Mi Nguyen
Mi has been traveling the world since before she could walk -- she first flew in a plane as a 6-month-old baby! As a student, she studied abroad in Seoul and since then has been nurturing her insatiable appetite for adventure and advocates for the mindful appreciation of local cultures.