Toronto Christmas Market in the Distillery District (+ how to skip the lines!)
It’s the middle of November which means my favourite holiday of the year is right around the corner! Rediscover magic and romance at Distillery’s charming Christmas Market from November 16 to December 23, 2017.
The market is a wonderful European style outdoor street fair with cobblestoned paths leading you to food and drink stalls, local handcrafted gifts, carollers and stunning light canopies.
Christmas Market Highlights
- Grab a mulled wine and wander the cobblestone streets. My favourite is beside El Catrin with outdoor fire pits to warm up
- Take a photo in front of the giant 50+ foot white spruce Christmas tree decorated with more than 40,000 lights
- Grab a loved one and pose in front of the Love Lock installation
- Warm up with a Mayan hot chocolate from SOMA chocolatemaker
- Browse and pick-up some unique locally handcrafted ornaments and products
- Stroll under the magical canopy lights
- Sneak a kiss under the mistletoe at The Heart of Christmas
- Tell Santa and his elves what’s on your wish list
- Feast on crowd favourites which include turkey legs, chimney stacks and grilled cheese
- Expect long times at these stalls so either get there early or line up right away. (sometimes these items also run out!)
Hours and Admission
- Sunday to Thursday noon to 9 pm
- Friday to Saturday: noon to 10 pm
- Closed Monday
- Weekday: Free
- Weekends: $6 (starting at 5 pm Friday)
- Skip the lines: If you hate lines as much as I do, there are a couple of ways you can skip the lines and make the most of your time at the market:
- Purchase an express ticket for $20
- Make a reservation & dine at Cluny or El Catrin: Go up to the front of the line and show them your reservation to be let in
What are you looking forward to the most this holiday season?