Let's travel to: Bruges, Belgium
In a nutshell: canals, medieval buildings, and delicious food
WHAT TO DO
- Hop aboard a canal boat tour and learn about the history of this gorgeous city
- Take a stroll in the old town square surrounded by medieval-style buildings, patios, and horse-drawn carriages
- Take a train to other parts of Belgium (most places 30 minutes-2 hours away). Check out the Stella Artois brewery in the idyllic town of Leuven (where I studied for 6 months at the oldest Catholic university in existence), as well as the Grote Markt, known for its many bars, one of which has the largest beer selection in the world (The Capital)
WHAT TO EAT
- Waffles, chocolate, steamed mussels, fries, and beer.
- Be sure to check out Neuhaus, a famous chocolate store known for inventing the first praline chocolate in 1912!
- Other great eateries: Pierre Marcolini (chocolate), Maison Dandoy (waffles in Brussels)
- Price: $$$
- Useful tips: weekend train tickets are half-price, or you can buy a 10-trip pass for approximately 50 euros
List by: Connie
I’m an adventure-seeking, food-loving, health & fitness-obsessed traveller currently living in Toronto. I love exploring different countries to learn about eclectic cultures, meet people of various mindsets, and try yummy foods. Having been to >25 countries, I’m always looking for my next adventure.
Take a peek into my life on Instagram: @connie93__