Let's travel to: London, England
In a nutshell: blend of rich history and modern architecture
What to do:
- St. James’s Park – situated behind Buckingham Palace and complete with its own duck pond, this park is a dream to walk through, especially at sunset.
- Take a stroll through the Tower Bridge/London Bridge/London Eye/Westminster area to see the major attractions. Also visit the Tower of London, a historic castle that houses the Crown Jewels.
- For a relaxing and educational afternoon, visit the museums, such as the Natural History Museum, British Museum, or the Tate Modern. Bonus: they’re free!
What to eat:
- Indian food – check out Brick Lane
- Fish and chips
- Pub food – Wetherspoons is a well-known chain
- High tea – I had a lovely time at the Wolseley
- British food – make a reservation at Duck & Waffle for a fine dining experience
- Italian food – my personal favourite for Italian tapas was San Carlo Cicchetti. Get the truffle ravioli if you go!
Where to go out/shop:
- For high-end shopping, check out Old Bond Street/Mayfair, which houses Harrod’s, Selfridge’s, and Fortnum & Maison.
- For the hipsters out there, be sure to visit Camden Market and the Portobello Road Market .
- Instead of paying £30 to get to the top of The Shard, take a lift to the 32nd and 33rd floors and grab a drink at Oblix or Hutong for half the price. You’ll get the same amazing view of the entire city, as well as delicious drinks!
- For an amazing view of St. Paul’s Cathedral, take the elevator up to the bar in the One New Change building.
- Instead of spending all your pounds riding the tube, first check out this map that shows the time it takes to walk between tube stops
LIST BY: CONNIE
I’m an adventure-seeking, food-loving, health & fitness-obsessed traveller currently living in Toronto. I love exploring different countries to learn about eclectic cultures, meet people of various mindsets, and try yummy foods. Having been to >25 countries, I’m always looking for my next adventure.
Take a peek into my life on Instagram: @connie93__