Let's travel to: Rome, Italy
Rome is always a top destination choice for travelers, it was the 14th most visited city in the world in 2014! It is the capital city of Italy and is full of ancient ruins including the Colosseum, St. Peter’s Basilica, and the Fontana di Trevi that attracts millions of tourists every year.
- Over 4 million tourists view the Colosseum each year!
- Over 3,000 Euros is found at the bottom of the Trevi Fountain each night that is then donated to families in need in Rome
What to Do
- The Colosseum is a tourist favourite and must-see ancient structure where the most bloody gladiator fights took place. Make sure to book tickets in advance to skip the crazy lines! Click here to book a Colosseum tour bundled with Pantheon and Piazza Navona.
- Pantheon is another popular favourite, being one of the most best preserved ancient monuments as the temple is over 2000 years old.
- Vatican Museum tour of St.Peter’s Basilica and Sistine Chapel if you’re a huge fan of sculptures and incredible ceiling art. Checkout the Sistine Chapel to view Michelangelo’s ‘The Creation of Adam’ masterpiece on the ceiling in person, it’s unreal. Also note, ladies must wear skirts that are at least knee length, they enforce this strictly at the Vaticans!
- Fontana di Trevi is a really popular fountain where tourists toss a coin into the water, following the myth that it brings good fortune and a safe return back to Rome. There’s also great gelato shops nearby to cool you down from the heat.
- Piazza Navona is a nice spot filled with many restaurants, mini pop-up shops, and was featured on Angels & Demons. The outdoor washrooms are privately operated so make sure to bring some coins with you just in case!
- Day trip to Pompeii if you’ve got a day to spare exploring UNESCO designated ruins of Pompeii and exploring the artifacts at the National Archeological Museum.
See more activities and Phil’s Itinerary to Rome by clicking here
Checkout YayTrip to build your own trips, book activities, and share past travel plans easily!
List by: Phil Jun
Phil is the Co-Founder of YayTrip, a trip planning startup that allows you to drag and drop travel plans, book activities, and share travel plans. He is an experienced traveler, having visited over 13 different countries. Follow more of his travels on Instagram (@YayTrip) and Facebook