Let's travel to: Toronto, Canada
The largest city in Canada, Toronto is home to a wonderfully diverse population that is rich in culture. Affectionately nicknamed “The 6” by the 6 God himself (shout out Drizzy), this city is a hub for unique and exciting food, art and entertainment. Visit for stunning skyline views and great eats!
What to do:
- Stroll through the Distillery District: Spend an afternoon at the historical Distillery District browsing shops, stopping at one of the many great restaurants, or taking in the beautiful heritage buildings and cobblestone streets.
- Visit the St. Lawrence Market: Home to some of the best food in the world, the St. Lawrence Market is a must see for any serious foodie! Go early in the morning for a peameal bacon sandwich and browse through the fresh, local products offered by the many vendors.
- Take a day trip to the Toronto Islands: Travel by ferry or water taxi for a day at the Toronto Islands! Rent a bike, have a BBQ on the beach, and take in some truly spectacular views of the Toronto skyline.
- Shop on Queen Street West: Step your fashion game up and spend a day shopping along Queen Street West. Home to both brand name stores like Zara and Urban Outfitters as well as independent boutiques, there’s something for everyone!
- Explore Kensington Market: Channel your inner artist and take a stroll through trendy Kensington Market. Here you’ll find cool vintage shops, local artisans and delicious food.
- Embrace the culture: Visit Little Italy, Koreatown, Greektown, Chinatown... the list goes on. Toronto is known for its diversity – spend a day learning more about the wonderful nationalities that make up this awesome city!
- Have a night on the town on King West: Put on your dancing shoes and hit up one of the many clubs on King Street West! You’ll feel like a VIP visiting the trendy bars in this upscale neighbourhood.
What to eat:
- Brunch: The Starving Artist: This spot serves up mouthwatering variations on classic brunch favourites, including eggs benny served on potato waffles.
- Lunch: Wilbur Mexicana: Enjoy a fast service lunch at this charming Mexican spot. Check out their extensive hot sauce collection and try the guac!
- Casual Dinner: Gusto 101: This restaurant is a great place to grab drinks with friends (house wine is $1 per oz) and is home to the best mushroom truffle pasta (Malfalde ai Funghi) in the city.
- Occasion Dinner: Scaramouche: Scaramouche offers indulgent French fare with stunning views of the Toronto skyline. Highly recommended for date night!
- For the Health Nut: Kupfert & Kim: We all know a vegan... take them to this trendy spot that serves beautifully plated wheatless & meatless dishes that don’t disappoint on flavour.
- BONUS! Macarons: Butter Avenue: This will hands down always be my favourite place to get macarons and adorable French pastries. Be sure to try the White Chocolate Strawberry macaron.
List by: Angela Chau
Angela is a twenty-something Toronto native with a passion for travel and all things pretty! A self-proclaimed “aspiring Disney princess,” she’s visited Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida 15 times and counting. When she’s not lusting after Cinderella’s castle, find her nibbling on some macarons at a local café or dreaming up her next adventure. Follow her on Instagram: @angelachauxo